About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Brooke an official 20 something living in the town that stole my heart Columbia, Missouri. I started this blog because best way to spread the light of Christ is to share it. Here it goes...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Exciting Times

If you have been within five feet of me in the last three days you have heard me talk about the song "The Dog Days are Over" by Florence and the Machine. A good friend of mine posted a blog inspired by the band earlier this month. Needless to say I have fallen in love with them too. (Thanks Jaz).

Here are the lyrics:
The dog days are over.The dog days are done.
The horses are coming so you better run
Run fast for your mother
Run fast for your father
Run for your children and your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your loving behind you
Can’t carry it with you if you want to survive

What's so great about this? It makes me excited for what is to come. As a Christian we are often told " Live each day as if the Lord is coming." We don't. It's hard to to wrap our minds around a prospective God when the daily grind is so monotonous. The chorus of Florence's song takes me out of the now, and makes me think about the blessed day we are all waiting for.

Here is a glimpse of what comes to mind: Running so fast it hurts. The pain is numbed by the great thing that is driving you. You scream and you yell in sheer joy on the way to tell your parents, siblings, friends, even strangers that we are going home. " It's over! He's come back for us! We are not alone! He's here!" The smile on your face can no longer be taken. All has been put right. The sound of rejoicing and clapping fills the air. The King has come for His church. Can you see it?

There is my interpretation of the song. I have no clue what the thing is really about. All I know is God is using it to encourage me that there is still time to share the truth before His arrival. The time is near. How exciting it is!

1 comment:

PrayerGrove said...

I see where you are going with this, and I appreciate the exhortation. Thanks for putting such a great interpretation on a catchy song.